We’ve all been there before. We meet someone and we start to fall for them, but then we realize that they’re only interested in us for their own ego boost.
Here are 29 signs that he’s using you for his own benefit, and not because he actually cares about you.
If any of these signs ring true for you, it might be time to move on!
How do you know when a man is using you?
The first step is to ask yourself if you are being used for money, sex, or both. If the answer is yes, then it is likely that you are being used. Other signs that you may be being used include:
-You are only contacted when the other person needs something from you
-The relationship is mostly one-sided
-You always give more than you receive
-You feel like you are always the one doing the work in the relationship
If any of these apply to your situation, then it is possible that you are being used. If you think you might be being used, the best thing to do is to talk to the person and express your concerns.
If they are truly using you, they will not be interested in resolving the issue. However, if they are genuinely interested in you, they will want to work to make things better.
How do you know if a guy only wants you for your body?
There are a few key signs that can indicate whether or not a guy is interested in you for your body rather than your personality.
First, if he only ever compliments your appearance or makes sexual comments, this is a clear sign that he doesn’t appreciate you for who you are on the inside.
Additionally, if he pressuring you to send him revealing photos or to meet up with him for hookups, he’s likely just looking for something physical.
Finally, if he’s always trying to get you alone when there’s no one around and doesn’t care about getting to know you as a person, his intentions are probably not pure. If you notice any of these warning signs, it’s best to move on from this guy.
29 Signs he’s using you for his ego
1. He frequently brings up his own accomplishments and achievements, but never asks about yours.
2. He loves to talk about himself and doesn’t really seem interested in hearing about you or your life.
3. He always wants things his way and gets easily defensive or upset if things don’t go his way.
4. He regularly puts you down or criticizes you, even if it’s disguised as “joking” around.
5. He’s always the center of attention and loves being the life of the party.
6. He’s always trying to one-up you or make himself look better than you in any way possible.
7. He likes to play games with your emotions and manipulate you to get what he wants.
8. He’s always trying to control everything and everyone around him.
9. He regularly gaslights you or tries to make you question your own reality and perceptions.
10. He’s extremely self-absorbed and narcissistic, only caring about himself and his own needs.
11. He’s always exploiting you for your resources, whether it’s your time, money, or energy.
12. He talks over you or interrupts you regularly, making it clear that he doesn’t value your input or opinions.
13. He often threatens or openly bullies you into doing what he wants, using fear as a weapon.
14. He dismisses your feelings or experiences, invalidating your emotions and reality.
15. He regularly uses you for sex or physical affection, without any real emotional connection.
16. He’s emotionally abusive, using tactics like guilt-tripping, gaslighting, or manipulation to control you.
17. He’s always trying to make you feel guilty for anything and everything, even things that aren’t your fault.
18. He never takes responsibility for his own actions or words, instead deflecting blame onto others.
19. He’s always playing the victim card, regardless of the situation or who is actually at fault.
20. He loves drama and chaos, often stirring up conflict just for the sake of it.
21. He’s always talking about himself
22. He’s always trying to impress you
23. He’s always putting you down
24. He’s always making you feel guilty
25. He’s always trying to control you
26. He’s always making promises he can’t keep
27. He’s always taking advantage of you
28. He’s always making you feel like you’re not good enough
29. He’s never there for you when you need him
What is stroking a man’s ego?
Stroking a man’s ego can be defined as providing him with compliments or praise in order to increase his self-esteem or make him feel good about himself. It can also be seen as a way of flirting with or manipulating someone.
Read more- 29 Signs He Takes You For Granted
It can be difficult to determine when someone is using you, but there are some telltale signs.
If you think a man might only be interested in your body or stroking his ego, it’s important to pay attention to how he behaves around you.
Keep these 29 signs in mind the next time you’re wondering if a guy is just using you for his own benefit.
We are a team of experts who have struggled as well as found the right solutions to find and fix issues in the relationship and turn it into a lovable and passionate relationship.