It is no secret that when it comes to exchanging wedding vows, most couples try to come up with their own original words.
However, sometimes the best wedding vows are actually quotes from famous people. Here are some of the best ones we have heard!
Nice wedding vows for newly married couple
1. You are my first thought in the morning, you are my dream at night. And I am yours, now and always.
2. Through all of life’s changes, I will love you faithfully – for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, till death do us part. You are my best friend and I give you my heart today with all that I am…and all that I have to be by your side forever more.
3. My cherished one, thank you for being with me through everything- our joys, our sorrows and our lives together so far! Today I pledge myself to you as your loving husband/ wife forevermore!
4. Today we’ll be making the same promises, with a twist: Today I promise to always be your friend and partner in crime; and through all of life’s adventures we’ll never run out of things that bring us back together again and again!
Best Wedding Vows Ever Heard
5. You know me – you see right through my lies – if there were no you, there would be no me… I love you now as much as ever…and will keep on loving you even as our children grow up around us.
6. As we join our lives today, may we also work side by side to heal those wounds from the past so that fear is replaced with faith and anger is replaced with patience and peace where peace once was strife. With God’s help, our love will bring us strength and give us courage to face life’s unexpected winds.
7. In the past I’ve written a lot of things about you that weren’t always complimentary… but I meant every word! And don’t want you to forget them either. My heart needed a home and your home became my heart so long ago…so let’s dance together forever more!
8. Our journey began when we first met…and it was one worth taking -with so many wonderful twists, turns and bumps in the road…but through all of that we have been blessed with happiness beyond measure because we knew how much we loved each other from the very start.
So today I pledge myself once again to only one – for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health…and this time I promise to love you even more than the first time around.
9. Thank you for saying “yes” today! You are my friend, my joy, my soul mate and one true love – I pledge myself to you as your loving husband/ wife forevermore!
Best wedding vows ever heard
- I, (bride’s name), take you, (groom’s name) to be my wedded husband. I promise to love and cherish you in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, as long as we both shall live. I will love you with all that I am and with all that I have; from this day forward for better or worse, forsaking all others, keeping only unto thee. From this day forward until death do us part.
- I, (bride’s name), take you (groom’s name) to be my lawfully wedded husband/wife/partner. Before these witnesses I vow to love you freely and cherish you deeply, I promise to trust, respect and laugh with you through all that life sends us. No matter where the road leads I will be by your side as your faithful partner in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better or worse. I will love you unconditionally from this day forward until death do us part.
- Best Wedding Vows Ever Heard
- I (bride’s name) take you (groom’s name) to be my wedded husband/wife/partner . Before God who brought us together , before these witnesses that are gathered here , and before everyone listening now , I vow to be your faithful wife/husband/partner. From this day forward, I will love you unconditionally , I will laugh with you in times of joy and weep with you in times of sorrow . Through the best and the worst, I will be there for you always .
- I, (bride’s name), take you, (groom’s name) to be my wedded husband/wife. In our marriage, as God gives us to one another, let us offer ourselves as a pure sacrifice to God. Let us pray that the Holy Spirit may sanctify this offering. Let us pray that we may live out our vows from this day forward: through mutual respect and love; through patience and forgiveness; through prayer and support; and through fidelity and honesty. And if God wills it so, let us dream together of how we might grow in love and how we might serve the world with that love.
- I, (bride’s name), take you (groom’s name) to be my wedded husband/wife. Together with these witnesses I promise my unconditional love, respecting your uniqueness; sharing your joys, sorrows and interests; supporting you in your goals; creating intimacy through trust, loyalty and partnership; cherishing you as I am cherished by you; speaking the truth in love always. Above all, I will seek to share Christ’s selfless love through a life of faithfulness until God calls us home or separates us physically from one another. This is my solemn vow before God who knows our hearts and holds us accountable for each other.
Deep meaningful wedding vows
- ________ and _________, we come together this day to witness your exchange of marriage vows. In sharing “(name)’s hand,” you give a pledge of trust, respect, and love. By speaking your promises to each other and the world, you declare that nothing will be held back in your relationship.
- As you speak these meaningful wedding vows, remember that your commitment is not just for now or tomorrow but for all of the days of your life. Remember also that there are no unimportant moments in marriage; every moment is part of what creates a shared life together. Even when times are hard or confusing you must look to this day as the beginning of something beautiful between you two.
- Best Wedding Vows Ever Heard
- Please join hands… You may share your vows with each other now… _________, please repeat after me:
- I take you _________ to be my (wife/husband), to have and hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.
- _________, please repeat after me:
- I take you ________ to be my (wife/husband), to have and hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.
- In the presence of all those who witness your wedding vows today please answer “I will” when I ask if you will live with _____ as your wedded husband/wife. If you are ready then say simply “I do.”
- _________, please answer “I will” or “I do”…
- Will you live with _________ as your wedded husband/wife? I do.
- _________, please answer “I will” or “I do”…
- Do you promise to love _________ and be faithful to her/him? I do.
Funny wedding vows
1. I take you for better, for worse—for richer, for poorer—in sickness and in health. Till death do us part. And if there’s a problem along the way, I’ll work it out with my lawyer.
2. In many cultures around the world people believe that to marry someone is not just a union of two peoples’ lives, but also a merging of their souls! This is because when you marry someone, they will NOT BE THE SAME PERSON in five years time as they are today, because in fact WE WILL BOTH HAVE LIVED AND LEARNT MANY THINGS in those five years… at least one thing which makes us realize we can no longer marry each other.
3. I, _________, choose to take you as my lawfully wedded wife/husband/partner. In times of sadness and failure, we will comfort one another… When we quarrel, we will apologize and talk things over… When we feel lost and without a compass, we will find our way together… Through the years ahead – may they be happy or sad – know that there is only one happiness in life: To love and to be loved.
4. I, _________ , choose you to be my wife/husband/partner in sickness and in health, in good times and bad times, whether richer or poorer… through all these things good and bad that life will bring, I pledge my love to you for as long as we both shall live.
Best Wedding Vows Ever Heard
5. In this day of celebration, let us remember that true joy is best expressed by who we are rather than what we have; that our responsibility lies not only in what we give but also in what we share; and that the greatest gifts we can offer to one another are not possessions but expressions of warm regard and caring thoughts which bind our lives together.
6. The love I have for you is so much more than the sum of all my parts… It’s true that at times I can be moody, insecure, demanding and unreasonable. All I’m asking is that you continue loving me through all these things! Because unlike me, my love for you just gets stronger every day!
7. Husband, to you I offer myself as your wife in sickness or in health – whether richer or poorer – though the storms may come and go, never will they shake this house because it stands on rock foundation. My vow today to you is this: I will always look lovingly upon your face; never shall I lose faith in you; shall never doubt your word, nor take for granted the care that you give me. For every day I will tell myself that I am blessed to have a man like you as my husband – one who loves his wife and cares for her well-being with the same gentle hands that he uses to comfort our children. And so! This is my special vow: To love, honor and strive to keep alive all the things which make us great together… Building an everlasting friendship founded on faith, honesty and enduring love.
8. Together we are building our own little world – but it needs constant attention in order to flourish… We need warmth, interest, affection and time spent together… I promise all this and more…
9. Today, I take you to be my wife/husband/partner in sickness and in health, in good times and bad times; whether richer or poorer… Through the changing seasons of life, may we grow together; always respecting, loving and supporting one another.
10. With this Ring I seal your heart with mine forever! My love for you shall be like a circle – beginning nowhere and returning there too. When happiness is yours, I will rejoice!
Romantic wedding vows to make him cry
1. “I wish I could put into words how grateful and happy you make me feel.”
2. “Every day that we’re together, I become a better person because of your love.”
3. “You fill my life with more joy than I ever thought was possible.”
4. “With you, our hearts and souls are one in the same life.”
Best Wedding Vows Ever Heard
5. “With you by my side, we will beat every challenge we face,”
6. “Let’s never stop dreaming and laughing together,”
7. “I love who we’ve become when we’re together,”
8. “I want to grow old with you by my side,”
9. “I’m so in love with you that sometimes I forget to breathe,”
10. “Our souls are intertwined.”
Best wedding vows ever heard for him
I promise to remember that this is your first day as my wife and not act like I’ve been in the business for twenty years.
I promise not to roll my eyes when you forget things, yell at you if you leave the cap off the toothpaste tube, or complain about all those loud music concerts we attend together.
In sickness and in health…until death do us part. In sickness and in health…as long as we both shall live.
I promise to laugh with you on the good days, cry with you on the bad ones, and grow old with you after that! For better or worse, for richer or poorer, until death do us part. Through sickness and in health, for as long as we both shall live. I’ll love you with all my heart…but I won’t clean out the gutters or replace the water heater.
I promise to make your life very interesting!
To have and to hold…told ya I didn’t remember these things! From this day forward…until they serve breakfast at that place on Sunset Boulevard. For better or worse, whatever comes first.
Till death do us part, but if there are any cute morticians at the funeral home, let’s not be hasty! Love is patient; love is kind; love never fails. Except maybe our marriage after fifteen years together.
Best Wedding Vows Ever Heard For Her
I want to ask you, my love, for one last time. Will you marry me?
This is my promise to you: I will always treat you with honesty and respect, laugh with you in joy and comfort you in sorrow. I will be patient when problems come up and give freely of myself at all times.
I will hug your family as if they were mine; I will seek your happiness before my own desires. And once we’ve made a home together, it’s there that I’ll place the foundation of our marriage…love which is unconditional. You are my whole world now, sweetheart. My past is nothing compared to the future that lies ahead of us-a future filled with promise because we are together.
My darling, I promise to always be your friend and lover, in sickness and in health, in good times and bad. I vow to love and cherish you for all the days of my life…I swear it before God above.
Now, we shall not let others tear us apart or pull us away from each other. So help me God! I take you as my wife/husband because I love you with all my heart. Thank you for accepting me as your husband/wife.
With wedding season in full swing, many couples are looking for the perfect words to express their love and commitment.
We’ve gathered some of our favorite examples above. Take a look at these deep meaningful wedding vows or make him cry with romantic wedding vows to find the right fit for you!
Related: Creative Ways To Say I Love You
We are a team of experts who have struggled as well as found the right solutions to find and fix issues in the relationship and turn it into a lovable and passionate relationship.